Have you ever wondered how some companies can make their contests and promotions go viral or get more exposure than the others? Facebook and Twitter offer an effective and cost effective way to get your promotions the exposure and response they need. Only a few businesses utilize these platforms wisely.
Here are some simple steps that you can follow
- Build a great community. This means having high quality fans, followers on Twitter etc. Most companies go wrong here when they think that having a great contest is going to bring a flood of traffic or sales on their fan pages. Before you have a contest, build a strong community that engages with you or your company. Be patient when you build your audience and think long term.
- Know what you want from your social media campaign. Leads for your business, sales, web traffic etc. I have heard a client of mine who did not want leads but just fun stuff to post like their competitor. This is fine as well but you are wasting time and effort if you don’t have a goal.
- Simple is always better. If you are having contests make it easy for your customers, fans and followers to enter. Don’t give them a lot to do to enter the contest.
- Make sure you know rules and regulations of conducting contests.
- Always use a great tool for your promotions, such as WildfireApp and Strutta, there are also other tools that social media companies can offer.
- Have a budget in mind. Just like in offline world you would have to spend money on promoting contest plan on spending some money on the social media marketing as well. Do Promoted posts, promoted tweets and other form of social media promotions.
- Track and measure your results. Unlike offline marketing online marketing is easy to measure results quickly.
Most of all look at the content and contest from your customers perspective and not you as a business owner, so be flexible and cater to your customers social media needs.