Facebook – Measuring Facebook Success!
- Number of people talking – higher the number the better it is
- steady increase of your likes. In the beginning you may get flooded with likes depending on the niche you are in then see if you are getting likes every week. This is a good indication that your campaign is reaching the targeted audience.
- Are you Fans asking questions about your service or products? This is a good indication that you have targeted fans rather than just numbers.
- How many people are liking or commenting on your posts is also a good indication that your fans or likes are subscribed to your page.
- Number of people reached. You can find this by the side of each post and is a good indication of the number of people who saw your post.
If you are a restaurant or retail store you will find high engagement than if you were a doctors office, plastic surgeon so post funny stuff, quotes and pictures that will get shared and liked a lot. Do not stick with quotes of only your industry alone as this might decrease your exposure. I do have few clients who want that but that’s their wish but usually they don’t see the results they should see because of that restriction.
Be on Facebook to get to know your customers than focusing on sales.
Blogging Success – How to measure a blog posts success
- Number of Facebook Likes on your blog post
- Number of tweets or re-tweets about your blog post
- The most important is the number of comments on your blog post. This is huge as it tells that it resonated with the readers and you provided the service which is the information they need.
- Number of bookmarks on social bookmarking sites such as Digg and stumbleupon etc. Sometimes you see a lot and other times you may not.
Why do I stress on a blog? Google and other search engines are evolving as well and the way they index a webpage is also changing. Google for instance is paying close attention to social signals such as Facebook Likes, number of tweets and bookmarks if they want to rank your website. So blog is a must in your social media marketing plan.
If you are planning to start a blog you might want to know about
Hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful to apply to your own social media marketing.